Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Scrum In The Dark

Last August, O2, sponsors of England Rugby, held the Scrum In The Park (you can see my photos here) event where the public could see the squad train and all sorts of other exciting stuff.

This morning, it occurred to me that we haven't heard about a similar event for 2006, which is a great shame. Despite torrential showers last time, the crowd seemed to enjoy themselves and it was great to meet some of the players afterwards. Danny Grewcock signed my shirt for me - and I was still wearing it :-D

There is an email address given on their website, so I thought I would ask if there are any plans for this year. A few minutes after sending it, I got a bounce - no such address as scrum@o2.com. Oh well.


Here's Danny after last year's training session, looking a little sweaty. No comment.

1 comment:

litlove said...

That is a most unfortunate surname....