Page 16 today has a fab little piece about stupid comments from holidaymakers, and includes such gems as:
- To a travel agent - "The Brochure says no hairdressers in the resort - we are trainee hairdressers, will we be able to go there?"
- In a letter to Airtours - "I'm never flying to Jamaica with Airtours again. It took us nine hours, but it only took the Americans three hours"
- Letter to holiday company - "I had a wonderful holiday in Kenya but I think I should bring to your Health & Safety department's attention the fact that the animals were not fenced in"
- At airport check-in - "Can I have a window seat please, it's a long journey and I would like some fresh air"
- During a hotel Quiz Night, on being asked "Which beetle did the ancient Egyptians revere?" - the reply was "I know this one, it was John Lennon!"
- To travel agent - "I believe you need a visa for Egypt - will MasterCard do?"